Instant Pot Peach Jam is easy to make, and you can enjoy it all summer long. Or make some extra to use it in winter treats. Store the jam in the refrigerator and use it over bread, yogurt, etc.
Instant Pot Peach Jam requires only 3-ingredients, and you can make a small batch or a big batch. Peaches are my favorite summer fruit, so I thought of using them in a jam so that I can enjoy the flavor for a longer time.
Peaches are in season right, so that gave me a perfect excuse to make a big batch of Peach Jam. My husband and I really like peaches, and we try to use them in different recipes. So if you are like and want to try some other peach recipes. Then do try this Banana Peach Smoothie, which is totally irresistible.
You can make jam on the stove-top, but making it in Instant Pot is so much easier and hassle-free. You can make anything and everything in an Instant Pot, so why not Peach Jam? I was thinking of making lightly-flavored jam using either mangoes, pineapple, or peaches. I ended up making Peach Jam, which is very hard to resist.
WHICH PEACHES TO USE FOR MAKING PEACH JAM?
It's best if the peaches are ripe, I don't use unripe peaches. If peaches are ripe, you can smell their wonderful flavor. If peaches are ripe, then you can add less sugar to your jam. Otherwise, you need to add more sugar to the jam. If you can smell the flavor and press the peaches gently, that means they are perfectly ripened, and we can use them in making the jam.
You can also blanch the peaches first and remove the skin to make extra smooth jam. Even if you don't remove the skin, the jam tastes incredibly amazing. If you blanch peaches, it is easier to remove the skin.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR MAKING INSTANT POT PEACH JAM
- PEACHES: You need ripe peaches in the recipe. If you want, you can remove the skin of the peaches by blanching them first.
- SUGAR: Depending on how sweet the peach is, you can adjust the sugar. The sweeter the peach, the less sugar you need for making the jam.
- LIME JUICE: To balance the flavor, you can add lemon juice in the recipe. Lemon Juice helps to give a nice tone to the overall flavor.
- CINNAMON: Just to make Peach Jam more aromatic, I add Cinnamon too.
TIPS TO REMEMBER FOR MAKING PEACH JAM IN AN INSTANT POT
- Sterilize the jar before filling it with jam. You can sterilize in Instant Pot, or oven, in the microwave or on the stove-top. Sterilize jars, lids, and all the utensils needed for making the jam.
- If peaches are sweet, then you'll need less sugar in the recipe. If under-ripe or not too sweet, then you will need to add more sugar.
- Jam usually thickens once it cools down, so don't worry if it's too liquidish.
- Store the jam in an airtight container to prevent the jam from getting contaminated.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE INSTANT POT PEACH JAM
- Wash Peaches and dice them & remove the seeds. You can remove the skin by blanching them but there is no need, the skin will be soft once you cook them.
- Add peaches in the instant pot and mix sugar and lime juice with them. Let it sit for 30 minutes until the juices are released.
- Pressure cook the peaches. There's no need to add water. The juice will help to build the pressure.
- Once pressure cooked, if you find the jam too liquidish, you can cook at Saute for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Lastly, adjust the spices (if needed) and store in an air-tight container once cooled.
HOW TO STORE INSTANT POT PEACH JAM
You can store the jam in air-tight containers in the refrigerator for up to one week. For a longer period, you can store it in a freezer. Make a huge batch and store in the freezer in individual jars. Thaw one jar in the refrigerator overnight when you want to eat.
- CRANBERRY SAUCE
- GREEN CHUTNEY
- CILANTRO-JALAPENO HUMMUS
- TAMARIND CHUTNEY
- CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- LEBANESE GARLIC SAUCE
- HOMEMADE HUMMUS
Instant Pot Peach Jam
- 5 big Peaches ripe, or 2.5 lbs
- 1 cup Sugar or as needed
- 2-3 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Sterilize the containers by placing jars and lids in the boiling water. Let them boil for a few minutes and then remove them using a tong.
- Or place jars and lids in the instant pot and cover them with water. Close lid and with vent in the sealing position, steam them for 2 minutes.
- Rinse the peaches properly and dice them & remove the seeds.
- Transfer the diced peaches in the inner pot or the Instant Pot. Add sugar and lemon juice and mix properly. Let this sit for at least 30 minutes so that juices are released.
- After 30 minutes, the juices will be released. Pressure cook with the vent in the sealing position for 1 minute. Let the pressure release naturally, this will take around 10 minutes.
- Press Saute and let it cook for 10-12 minutes until jam is of desired consistency.
- Transfer this prepared jam in the sterilized jars and let it cool down until it reaches room temperature. Then you can store it in the refrigerator.
- (Note: Jam will get thick once it cools down, so keep that in your mind).
- Use this jam over slices of bread or on the yogurt and enjoy!