Air-Fried Asparagus is easy and delicious. You can make it in an air fryer without using much oil. It is an amazing side-dish that pairs perfectly with almost any savory dish.
Roasted asparagus has always been my favorite. And these air-fried asparagus are also very popular. You can easily make this dish in under 10 minutes in an air fryer. You can also add any flavoring to the asparagus to enhance the flavor. It is healthy & tastes just too amazing.
Try my other healthy & delicious air fryer recipes on the blog.
I like simple garlic roasted asparagus a lot. But sometimes adding extra flavor to asparagus gives a nice change. I like adding balsamic vinegar to asparagus for a sweet touch. Asparagus goes great with za'atar seasoning along with grated Parmesan too.
AIR-FRIED ASPARAGUS INGREDIENTS
- ASPARAGUS: I like using pencil-thin stemmed asparagus as they have better flavor. But if you can't find any then normal-sized asparagus will work well too.
- SEASONING: For a quick recipe, garlic-flavored asparagus works best. But for extra flavoring, you can also add balsamic vinegar, Za'atar seasoning, or any other spice-mix in the recipe.
- OIL: I have used cooking spray to make asparagus healthy. But for more flavor, you can add some butter or oil to the recipe.
- GARNISH: You can garnish with some Parmesan cheese (for cheesy texture), nutritional yeast (for a healthier version), and lemon juice (for tangy flavor).
HOW TO MAKE AIR-FRIED ASPARAGUS
- TRIM THE ENDS: Wash the asparagus properly & then trim the ends. You can cut the ends using a knife but snapping with hands is much easier.
- MIX SEASONING: Add seasoning and drizzle some oil. Mix them properly until the asparagus is evenly coated.
- ROAST ASPARAGUS: You can roast the asparagus in the air fryer or in the oven. Air-fry asparagus at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. or you can also Oven-roast the asparagus on the baking sheet at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- GARNISH: Garnish the asparagus with some Parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast, and some lemon juice. Adjust the seasoning (if needed) and serve.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to Trim Asparagus ends?
Rinse asparagus in the water a few times. Pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess water. Then either snap the ends with hands (it will break easily) or trim the ends of the asparagus using a knife.
How to know when Asparagus is cooked?
When air frying asparagus then do not overcrowd the air-fryer basket. If you overcrowd the basket then asparagus will not cook evenly. Stir the asparagus 1 or 2 times when roasting. When the asparagus is bright green in color and a little crisp then transfer it to a bowl and serve hot.
How to Store Asparagus?
You can store air-fried or roasted asparagus in the air-tight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Refrigerate for 3-5 days in an air-tight container. For storing in the freezer, place asparagus in freezer-safe containers or bags. You can keep it in the freezer for 1-2 months. When reusing, reheat it in an air fryer or in the oven until it is crispy & tender.
📖 RECIPE CARD
- 1 pound Asparagus
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoon Cooking Oil or cooking spray
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese (grated) or vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Wash the asparagus properly & then trim the ends. You can cut the ends using a knife but snapping them with hands is much easier.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper with asparagus and drizzle some oil. Mix them properly until the asparagus is evenly coated.
- AIR FRYER: Place asparagus in an air fryer. Air-fry asparagus for 8-10 minutes at 400°F until it is a little crisp & bright green in color. (Note: Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket. Keep stirring the asparagus in between for even cooking).OVEN COOKING: Preheat oven at 425°F for 15-20 minutes. Line asparagus in a baking sheet and tray. Once the oven is preheated then place the baking tray in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes until the asparagus is evenly roasted.
- Transfer the roasted asparagus in a bowl or serving plate. Garnish the asparagus with some parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast, and some lemon juice.