Ninja Foodi Baked Potatoes are perfectly fluffy & tender from the inside yet have a crispy skin. And it takes only 30-40 minutes to prepare them, which is far less than making them in the oven.
I love baked potatoes; actually, who doesn't love them. A perfectly baked potato topped with cheese & veggies with some seasonings. This is one of my family's fav Sunday meals, as we are potato lovers.
Making it in Air-Fryer is so much easier. Place the potatoes in an air-fryer, and the potatoes will be done in 40 minutes. Yes, that's the time it takes to cook Baked Potatoes in Ninja Foodi or any air fryer.
You can also try my Sweet Potato Nachos, a healthy twist to the nachos. I also love these loaded sweet potato fries. Or try these Air Fried baby potatoes that are just too hard to miss. If you are looking for some veggie options, then Air Fried Asparagus or Brussel Sprouts are also hit.
The post contains Helpful Tips & Tricks to make Baked Potatoes. But if you're in a hurry, you can also click "Jump to Recipe' under the Heading to go directly to the Recipe Card or click Recipe Card from the Table of Contents below.
🥘INGREDIENTS & SUBS
- POTATOES: You can use russet potatoes, as they work best. But for a smaller version, you can also try Yukon Gold.
- BUTTER: Adding butter gives a creamy and smooth texture.
- VEGGIES: You can add any veggies of your choice, like broccoli, corn, onion, etc.
- CHEESE: For cheese and creamy flavor, cheese or sour cream can be added.
- CHICKPEAS: You can add chickpeas or black beans for an extra protein layer.
- HOT SAUCE: Hot Sauce is used to flavor the chickpeas, so they don't taste bland.
- GARNISH: Garnish with cilantro, green onions, and, if needed, red chili flakes.
** See the recipe card for quantities.
🔪HOW TO MAKE BAKED POTATOES IN NINJA FOODI
** For the full recipe, check the recipe card below, but you refer here for step-by-step photo instructions.
WASH THE POTATOES: Take the big-sized Russet Potato and wash them. Pat them dry using a paper towel or kitchen towel.
POKE THE POTATOES: Then, using a fork or knife, pork them a couple of times for even cooking.
OIL THE POTATOES: Oil the potatoes and rub the outer of the potatoes with some salt. Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket.
COOK POTATOES: Air Fry the potatoes at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes. Keep rotating the potatoes every 10 minutes.
MAKE CHICKPEA FILLING: Rinse the canned chickpeas and add hot sauce, salt, and Trader Joe's Jalapeno & Onion Crunch in the skillet. Cook until all the ingredients are well combined.
REMOVE POTATOES: Once cooked and safe, take the potatoes out. Make a little slit in the potatoes' middle to open them.
ADD STUFFING: Add broccoli, olives, and cheese. Air Fry again for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted. Then add prepared chickpea filling.
ADJUST & SERVE: Lastly, adjust the seasoning, garnish with cilantro, green onions, and red chili flakes, and serve immediately.
🔪HOW TO MAKE TWICE BAKED BAKED POTATOES
- Roast the potatoes as per the recipe.
- Then cut the potatoes in half and scoop the potatoes from the skin.
- Mix your favorite topping with sour cream or cheese.
- Transfer the potato filling to the potato skin and into the air fryer basket
- Then air fry for 3-5 minutes at 400 degrees F and serve.
- Poke potatoes 5-6 times for steam to escape during cooking.
- When cooking in an Air-Fryer, rub little oil all over the outer skin of the potatoes and air-fry.
- Make a little slit in the middle of the potatoes, so the stuffing doesn't only stay on the top of the potatoes.
- Add a big slice of butter in the middle for a soft & creamy texture.
- Once cooked, cut the potatoes from the middle and add seasoning, and if needed, air-fry for a few more minutes.
🧂WHAT TOPPING CAN I ADD TO THE BAKED POTATOES
You can add any topping to these baked potatoes; even simple butter tastes so good in the potatoes.
Experiment with Tex-Mex flavors by adding black beans, corn, guacamole, sour cream, etc.
You can also make it loaded with broccoli, cheese, green onion/chives, etc.
Try these potatoes with sour cream, vegan cheese, or cheese sauce with any veggies.
So experiment with the different ingredients as per your liking.
- SWEET POTATOES: You can also enjoy baked sweet potatoes instead of baked potatoes.
- VEGAN: You can make it vegan by adding vegan cheese sauce instead of sour cream or cheese.
- CRUNCHY: You can give a little crunch to your baked potatoes by adding more veggies or roasted chickpeas.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Russet Potatoes work best as they have thick skin compared to other varieties of potatoes. But you can still use Yukon Potatoes as they are starchy and tastes good when baked.
Yes, poking holes results in even cooking all around. Of course, the potatoes will still turn good without the holes, but the cooking time may increase.
Yes, you can make baked potatoes in the pressure cooker, but the texture will not be the same. As you will not get crispier skin. So you can partially cook in the pressure cooker for 3-5 minutes.
Then air fry at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, resulting in soft and yet crispier potatoes.
It is best to enjoy baked potatoes right away. But if you still have some leftovers, store them in an air-tight container for 1-2 days. Then air fry at 400 degrees F for 3-5 minutes.
🥗OTHER POTATO RECIPES
- ALOO GOBI
- PUNJABI DUM ALOO
- ALOO MATAR PANEER
- SMASHED POTATOES
- POTATO STUFFED KULCHE
- ROASTED POTATOES
- ALOO RASEDAR
Rate it by clicking the stars below if you liked the recipe. However, if you want to check what is new in my kitchen, check out my Instagram & Facebook.
📖 RECIPE CARD
NINJA FOODI BAKED POTATOES
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 4-5 Olives sliced
- ½ Can Chickpeas
- 2-3 tablespoon Buffalo Sauce
- ¼ Cup Cheese optional
- ¼ cup Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon Jalapeno, Lime, Onion Crunch optional
- Green Onions optional
- 1-2 tablespoon Sriracha Mayonnaise
- Take the big-sized Russet Potato and wash them. Pat them dry using a paper towel or kitchen towel.
- Then, using a fork or knife, pork them a couple of times for even cooking.
- Oil the potatoes and rub the outer of the potatoes with some salt. Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket.
- Air Fry the potatoes at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes. Keep rotating the potatoes every 10 minutes.
- Rinse the canned chickpeas and add hot sauce, salt, and Trader Joe's Jalapeno & Onion Crunch in the skillet. Cook until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Once cooked and safe, take the potatoes out. Make a little slit in the potatoes' middle to open them and add a little slice of butter in the middle.
- Add broccoli, olives, and cheese. Air Fry again for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Then add prepared chickpea filling.
- Lastly, adjust the seasoning, garnish with cilantro, green onions, and red chili flakes, and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply