Herbal Tea is a healthy & refreshing drink. I drink this immunity-boosting Herbal Tea 1-2 times a day as it not only refreshes me but also elevates the mood. Follow the step-by-step instructions given below to make this Herbal tea in an Instant Pot or on Stove-Top.
It is proven to be one of the healthiest drinks. It has numerous health benefits such as anti-aging, detoxification, and better digestion. It may also reduce inflammation and strengthen immunity. That is why Herbal Tea is gaining so much popularity.
You can make this Herbal Tea for stronger immunity from the ingredients you can easily find at home. I have used Ginger Powder, Cinnamon, Holy Basil, Peppercorns, Honey, and Lemon Juice. Along with these, you can also add other ingredients like Fennel Seeds, Black Cardamons, Nutmeg, etc to elevate the favors.
A few weeks back, I was very sick with cold & cough. And I was having bad throat pain for far too long accompanied with usual cold & cough. I tried a lot of things but nothing seemed to be working at that time. So my Father recommended that I try this miraculous tea, and the pain disappeared in a day or so and cough also reduced a lot.
INGREDIENTS FOR IMMUNITY-BOOSTING HERBAL TEA
The basic ingredients of this immunity-boosting herbal tea can help you recover from the cough, sore throats, and cold. This drink not only gives relief in viral infections such as flu but also helps in relaxing & refreshing the body. I drink the tea two times every day as it energizes the body too.
- GINGER: The anti-inflammatory property of ginger helps in relieving the sore throat quickly. In fact, you can also find Ginger a key ingredient in many of the cold & cough drops. Also, Ginger works great when added with honey, or sometimes also consumed as a tea with honey & lemon juice.
- HOLY BASIL: Holy Basil is widely used for the treatment of cold and coughs all over India. It works like a miracle when added to boiled water. I don't have fresh Holy Basil so I used the tea bags that are widely available in any departmental store.
- CINNAMON: Cinnamon, when mixed with honey, helps in removing the phlegm from the throat and also boosts the immune system. If taken before bedtime, it may help in saving you from endless coughing that happens during nighttime.
- BLACK PEPPERCORNS: Black Peppercorns are filled with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which help in keeping the infections at bay and also provides relief to the discomfort of cough, sore throat, and cold. It is also filled with vitamin C that helps in boosting immunity.
SOME VARIATIONS OF HERBAL TEA
Above mentioned ingredients are the base ingredients for this Herbal Tea for stronger immunity. Apart from these ingredients, you can also include other ingredients:
- If you like little tanginess in the Herbal Tea, add a little lemon juice to the tea.
- For sweetness, I have added Honey to the tea. Along with the health benefits it provides, Herbal Tea also tastes better with honey. You can also add sugar, sweetener, maple syrup, or jaggery if you don't like honey.
- If you like freshness to the Tea, you can add mint leaves or any other fresh herbs.
- For a floral taste, you can also add dried flowers like rose, chamomile, hibiscus, lavender etc.
- You can also add additional spices for an added flavor. Other spices including: nutmeg, fennel seeds/powder, cardamoms, cloves, etc.
- CHAI MASALA
- TURMERIC MILK
- SPICED APPLE CIDER
- AAM PANNA
- MANGO GINGER ICED TEA
- BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWER TEA
Herbal Tea for Immunity-boosting
- 2 cups Water
- ½ teaspoon Ginger Powder or fresh grated Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon Powder or 1 Cinnamon Stick
- ¼ teaspoon Black Peppercorns or as per taste
- 1 teabag Tulsi or fresh Holy Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Honey or any other sweetener as per taste
- ½ Lemon Juice (optional)
- Add Water, Ginger Powder, Cinnamon Powder, Tulsi/Holy Basil, and Black Peppercorns in the inner pot of the Instant Pot and close the lid. With vent in the sealing position, pressure cook for 1-2 minutes.
- (Note: For a little stronger flavor in Herbal Tea, pressure cook for 2 minutes. otherwise, pressure cook for 1 minute).
- When timer beeps, Quick Release by moving the vent in the venting position. When the valve goes down & is safe then open the lid. Strain the prepared Tea in the cups using a strainer.
- Add Honey or any other Sweetener. You can also add Lemon Juice if you like a tangy flavor in your tea.
- Add Water, Ginger Powder, Cinnamon Powder, and Black Peppercorns in the kettle. Boil for 3-4 minutes until you hear whistle.
- Strain the prepared Tea in the cups using a strainer. If you prefer, add Honey or any other Sweetener, or Lemon Juice.
Leave a Reply