Instant Pot Beets & Beets Salad is heart-healthy and can easily be made in an Instant Pot. Pressure cooking beets in Instant Pot is simple, easy, and quick.
I always liked eating beets either raw or cooked. I remember my Mom used to make stir-fried potato and beets, and I used to enjoy it a lot all through my childhood. It also goes great in a roll as an extra layer of color and flavor to the recipe.
Beets have such a nice flavor and color that you can enjoy eating them any time of the day. They taste great raw or cooked with seasoning, and even go great with some flavoring too. And thanks to their awesome color, they go perfectly as a salad or as a side dish in any holiday or otherwise dinner menus. Not only do they taste great in salad, but are also an easy option to include it in your diet.
HOW TO USE BEETS
Beets are one of those vegetables that can be added in sweets as well as in savory recipes. As it has a sweet flavor, many people use it in sweet dishes too, like beets halwa same as carrot halwa (pudding). They can be used in Pav Bhaji to add extra color to it.
BEETS HEALTH BENEFITS
Beets or Beetroot is one of the essential ingredient you should include in your diet as it has most of the nutrients that that you need to consume on a daily basis.
- One of the most important benefit is that it lowers your blood pressure, Even doctors recommend it when you have high blood pressure.
- Also helps in weight loss as it is has few calories and keeps you full for a longer time. It also contain fiber and protein that is essential too.
- Beets may improve digestion as well as good for brain development too.
- Along with so many other benefits, beets are great in taste and can easily be added in the diet.
HOW TO PRESSURE COOK BEETS
You can bake or pressure cook beets. But I prefer pressure cooking in an Instant Pot as it saves a lot of time and comes out so juicy. I prefer peeling the skin off before pressure cooking, as it's less messy for me. You can also pressure cook with skin and once cooled then peel the skin just like a potato.
First, add 1 cup of water in the inner pot of Instant Pot. Insert trivet and place beets on the trivet. Close lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes. Quick Release after 5 minutes of NPR (No Pressure Release).
I usually make Beets in bulk, around 7-8 at one time, and use it as needed. Whenever we go to Trader Joe's, I get 3-4 bags of beets and store them in the refrigerator.
As I mentioned earlier also, beets can be consumed cooked or raw. Though I like adding cooked beets in the salad. Sometimes I prefer adding cooked beets with Quinoa, which gives a nice color to the boring Quinoa.
Beets salad is so easy to make, just toss cooked beets in a bowl with seasoning and lemon juice and serve. Beets itself has such a nice flavor that you need to add a lot of ingredients.
The best part is you can store the leftover salad in the refrigerator and tastes even better the next day.
- AIR-FRIED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- GOCHUJANG GLAZED CARROTS
- PUMPKIN DINNER ROLLS
- ETHIOPIAN LENTIL STEW
- POMEGRANATE RICE PILAF
PRESSURE COOK BEETS & BEETS SALAD
PRESSURE COOK BEETS
- 6-8 Beets peeled and washed
- 1 cup Water
- 6-8 Beets pressure cooked and cut in bite-size
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 handful Parsley chopped
- 1-2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Add water in the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Insert trivet and place peeled beets over the trivet. Close lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes. Once the timer beeps, do NPR (No pressure Cook) for 5 minutes and then Quick Release.
- When the valve goes down and it's safe then open the lid and transfer beets in a bowl. Refrigerate and use as needed.
- Toss Beets in a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and mix. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.