Loaded Sweet Potato Fries is healthy, easy, and is made from scratch. It is the perfect food for the game night and an ideal crowd-pleaser. It is made by frying/ baking the sweet potato fries and loading them with the topping of corn, jalapeno, avocado, and cheese sauce.
Our site contains some affiliate links. That means when you purchase anything by clicking those links, I get a commission with no extra cost to you. This helps up the blog running. To know more about this, check out the Disclaimer. Thank You!
When the fries are loaded with delicious nacho flavor, they indeed are a winner. You can make the loaded sweet potato fries with Mexican flavors or pizza flavor, or you can also top the fries with chili with some extra cheese.
You can also serve them as a salad, as it basically is a big plate of veggies with sweet potatoes, onion, tomatoes, avocados, corn, etc. The fries are then topped with my version of buffalo (vegan) cheese sauce made with cashews, water, seasoning, and buffalo (or hot) sauce.
The post contains Helpful Tips & Tricks to make Loaded Sweet Potato Fries. But if you're in a hurry, you can also click "Jump to Recipe' under the Heading to go directly to the Recipe Card, or you can also click Recipe Card from the Table of Contents below.
- SWEET POTATOES: You can use any variety of sweet potatoes, inlcuding purple sweet potatoes, or Japanese sweet potatoes, etc.
- TOPPINGS: You can add corns, black beans, jalapenos, onion, tomatoes, avocados, etc as topping.
- CHEESE SAUCE: I have used buffalo cheese sauce that I have made by combining cashews, water, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and buffalo sauce.
- GARNISH: Garnish them with cilantro, and green onion, with lemon juice.
See the recipe card for quantities.
🔪HOW TO MAKE LOADED SWEET POTATO FRIES
Check the recipe card below for the full recipe, but you refer here for step-by-step photo instructions.
1 - PEEL THE SWEET POTATOES: Peel the sweet potatoes and cut the top & bottom.
2 - CUT THE SWEET POTATOES: Cut the sweet potato into thin matchsticks of equal-sized pieces.
3 - SEASON: Season the sweet potatoes with olives, oil, salt & peppers, and the seasoning of your choice.
4 - BAKE: Bake sweet potato fries at 400° F in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
5 - MAKE DAIRY-FREE CHEESE SAUCE: Add cashews, water, buffalo sauce, garlic powder, nutritional yeast in a high-speed blender like Vitamix. Blend it until it is creamy & smooth. Transfer the cheese sauce to a bowl.
6 - ADD TOPPINGS: Once the fries are evenly baked, add the toppings. You can add corn, black beans, onion, tomatoes, avocados, cheese sauce, and jalapenos. Garnish with green onion and cilantro.
7 - ADJUST & SERVE: Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in equal-sized fries shaped into matchsticks.
- The fries should not be too thick or too thin. If the fries are too thick, then they will not turn crispy. If the fries are too thin, then they will turn hard or may burn.
- Soak the fries in the water, that way the fries will not come out dry.
- On a baking sheet place wire rack and add fries over the wire rack. That way there will be air circulating at the bottom of the fries & in turn make them crispy.
- To make them more crispier, bake the fries in a cast iron skillet.
- It is best to be consume them immediatley.
- VEGGIES: You can add veggies like onion, garlic, olives, corns, peppers, green onions, cilantro, parsley, jalapeno, coleslaw, tomatoes, etc.
- SAUCE: You can add cheese sauce or dairy-free cheese sauce, or hot pepper sauce, greek yogurt sauce, mayonnaise, etc.
- SPICES: You can spice them with cajun seasoning, chipotle, Indian masala, buffalo style, ranch, jalapeno flavored, etc.
Loaded sweet potato fries should be consumed immediately. If not, then you can store it in an air-tight container. For reheating, place them on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
🍽WHAT TO SERVE THEM WITH?
You can serve them with a burger or wrap of your choice. I like to serve these fries with Vegetarian Sloppy joe's.
🧾FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can use mayonnaise, sriracha aioli, greek yogurt dipping sauce, green chutney, cilantro crema, etc., as a dipping sauce.
Cook frozen sweet potato fries in a cast-iron skillet until crispy. Or you can also cook in an air fryer.
Place a wire rack on the top of the baking sheet. Add sweet potatoes on the wire rack and bake at 400F. Next, place the baking sheet on top of the rack in the oven. That way, the fries will cook from top and bottom.
The air will circulate evenly when you bake the fries on the wire rack, and they will be cooked nicely. And the bottom of the fries will not get burnt.
You can cook sweet potato fries in an air fryer at 400° F for 15-20 minutes. Then, keep turning the fries for even cooking.
This my because they were not cooked properly. On a baking sheet, place the wire rack and place the fries over the wire rack. That way, there will be air circulating at the bottom of the fries & which, in turn, makes fries crispy.
Secondly, make sure the fries are not overcrowded. If they are overcrowded, it may also be why fries will not turn crispy.
Cut the fries into equal-sized matchsticks. They should not be too thick or too thin.
Yes, you can soak the sweet potatoes in water before air frying. That way, the fries will not turn dry.
You can use it as a spread in a sandwich, in tacos, as a dip, over some roasted potatoes, etc.
🥗OTHER SWEET POTATO RECIPES
- SWEET POTATO NACHOS
- SWEET POTATO & LENTILS CURRY
- SWEET POTATO & CHICKPEAS HASH
- UBE CHEESECAKE
- SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH & SWEET POTATO SOUP
Rate it by clicking the stars below if you liked the recipe. However, if you want to check what is new in my kitchen, check out my Instagram & Facebook.
📖 RECIPE CARD
Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 medium Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Cajun
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1 Jalapeno sliced
- ¼ Onion chopped
- ½ cup Corns
- 1 cup Cashews
- ½ cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tablespoon Hot Sauce or as needed
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Green Onion sliced
- 1 handful Cilantro chopped
- Cut the top and bottom of sweet potatoes and peel them. Cut them in equal-sized amtchsticks.(Note: They should not be too thick or too thin).
HOW TO MAKE SPICE-MIX:
- Put all the spices in a bowl and mix them properly. Keep the bowl aside.
SWEET POTATO FRIES:
- Pre-heat the oven at 400°F for 20-30 minutes. Peel the potatoes and cut them into matchsticks. Then add sweet potatoes in a bowl along with oil & spice-mix. Mix them properly until the sweet potatoes are evenly coated.
- Spray some oil on the baking sheet. Line the sweet potatoes in the baking sheet in a single layer. bake them for 15 minutes at 400°F. Then flip them and cook other side for 10 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESE SAUCE:
- Add cashews, water, salt & pepper, hot sauce, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder in a high-speed blender.
- Blend all the ingredients until it is smooth and creamy in texture. Transfer it into a bowl and keep it aside.
LAYER THE SWEET POTATOES:
- Once the fries are cooked, then layer them with the rest of the ingredients. Place the fries in a serving bowl or a plate. Load the fries with onion, black beans, corns, and jalapenos. Layer it with a generous amount of cheese sauce. Garnish with cilantro and green onions. (Note: You can also sprinkle some lemon juice before serving).
Leave a Reply