Spiced Potatoes is one recipe you do not want to miss. It's not only an easy recipe to make but it's bursting with flavors of garlic, parsley, red chili flakes, and Garam Masala.
I'm a die-hard fan of potatoes. If there is a potato dish on the table, then I need to try it no matter how full I am. Potatoes are so versatile that they go great when fried, baked, mashed, roasted, etc.
I try different ways to use potatoes by experimenting with spices. This dish is a medley of potatoes and carrots, and the sweetness of carrots gives a unique flavor to the potatoes.
WHICH VARIETY OF POTATOES TO USE?
I personally prefer Yukon Gold Potatoes as they are soft & creamy in texture and yet bring nice color to the dish. So I usually have them in my pantry as I use them for most of my dishes.
You can use Russet Potatoes and Red Potatoes too for this dish. Basically, you can use any potato you have in the pantry. I like using baby potatoes for the recipe because then I don't need to cut them. So whatever baby potatoes you wanna use, this recipe always turns out great.
HOW TO MAKE SPICED & ROASTED POTATOES
- BOIL THE POTATOES: First boil the potatoes in Ninja Foodi by pressure cooking at HIGH for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally or you can also Quick Release after 10 minutes of NPR.
- PEEL THE POTATOES: This is totally optional, I like potatoes with skin-off so I peel them before air frying. You can use potatoes with skin or without skin.
- ADD SPICES: In a bowl mix 1-2 tablespoon oil with spices and combine with the boiled potatoes.
- AIR FRY: Transfer potatoes in an air fryer basket and air-fry at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes (or more, if needed).
- ADJUST & SERVE: Adjust the seasoning (if needed). Sprinkle some lemon juice & some chopped cilantro or parsley.
HOW TO STORE SPICED & ROASTED POTATOES
Usually, I never have any leftovers whenever I make Spiced Potatoes. But if you have any leftovers, then you can store them in the refrigerator for 2-4 days.
For reheating, you can air fry them in your Air Fryer or Mealthy Crisplid or Ninja Foodi. Or you can also pan-fry or microwave the dish.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why boil/ steam potatoes before roasting?
Though boiling/ steaming the potatoes are not needed, but I do recommend it. Boiling/ steaming the potatoes will help in making the roasted potatoes soft from inside while crispier from outside. If you don't boil then potatoes may turn dry & won't taste that good.
What spices to add in Spiced & Roasted Potatoes?
Potatoes are so versatile that you can add any spice and still tastes great. You can add Indian spices like garam masala, roasted cumin powder, etc. Or tastes good with Italian Seasoning & Garlic too.
What to serve Spiced & Roasted Potatoes with?
These potatoes are themselves so flavorful but you still serve them with your favorite dipping sauce. You can serve them with Ranch. Or mix mayonnaise & Sriracha and serve potatoes with that.
- AIR-FRIED PANEER TIKKA
- STUFFED BREAD PAKORA
- ALOO TIKKI
- BHARWAN BAINGAN
- BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- INSTANT KHAMAN DHOKLA
- GLAZED CARROTS
Spiced & Roasted Potatoes
- Add potatoes with 1 cup of water in Ninja Foodi and close the lid. Pressure cook for 5 minutes at HIGH-pressure level. Let pressure release naturally or Quick Release after 10 minutes of NPR (No Pressure Release).(Note: Add water to the inner pot & place potatoes in the air fryer basket).
- Once pressure is released, open the lid. Transfer potatoes to the mixing bowl.(Note: You can peel the skin of potatoes (if needed) or you can also air-fry potatoes with skin).
- In the mixing bowl add oil along with minced garlic, red chili flakes, garam masala, Italian Seasoning, and salt. Mix until spices are well combined with the potatoes.
- Transfer potatoes in the air-fryer basket & air-fry at 400°F for 15-20 until properly roasted. keep rotating the potatoes for even cooking. You can increase or decrease the time (as needed).
- Once roasted, transfer potatoes in a bowl & sprinkle some lemon juice and garnish with some parsley & serve hot.