Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers is a dish that works well in all meals. You can have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Stuffed Bell Peppers are the best way to enjoy all the colorful veggies. It is made with quinoa, beans, vegetables, and some flavorful spices.
This recipe works well with any colorful pepper & tastes just too amazing. You can experiment with different flavors & ingredients and add the stuffing of your choice to the peppers. It is healthy & you can easily make it in Instant Pot or in the oven.
Stuffed Bell Pepper is my family's favorite weekend brunch option. The combination of quinoa with beans and veggies makes the recipe so flavorful & delicious. You can also add leftover Burrito Bowl as a stuffing in Bell Peppers.
STUFFED BELL PEPPER INGREDIENTS
- QUINOA: I have used quinoa as the main part of the stuffing for bell peppers. You can also use brown rice or a mixture of brown rice & quinoa.
- BELL PEPPERS: I have used all the colorful peppers in the recipe including red, green, orange, and yellow. They all work great in the recipe.
- BEANS: I have used canned black beans in the recipe. You can also use any lentils or chickpeas. You can also boil the beans and use them in the recipe.
- VEGGIES: I have used frozen corns, chopped bell peppers, and salsa. You can add spinach, and peas, etc to the recipe.
- SPICES: I like Trader Joe's Taco Seasoning in all my Mexican recipes. So I have used Taco Seasoning along with salt & peppers. You can also use some cumin powder and garlic powder in the recipe.
- GARNISH: Lastly, garnish the peppers with some sliced avocado, jalapenos & some lemon juice.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
- CUT THE PEPPERS: Slice the top of the pepper including the stem and remove the seeds & ribs of the pepper.
- PREPARE THE PEPPERS: Spray some oil in the peppers & sprinkle some salt.
- MAKE THE STUFFING: In a bowl, add cooked quinoa, beans, corns, salsa/ tomatoes, chopped bell peppers, and seasoning. Mix the ingredients until properly combined.
- ADD THE STUFFING IN PEPPERS: Using a spoon, add the stuffing to the peppers.
- ARRANGE THE PEPPERS IN BAKING SHEET: Spray some cooking oil on the baking sheet. Arrange the peppers on the baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
- ARRANGE THE PEPPERS IN AN INSTANT POT: Put 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot. Insert the trivet & place stuffed peppers on the trivet. Close the lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- GARNISH: Once the peppers are cooked then garnish them with some sliced avocado, jalapenos, and lemon juice.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can we cook Stuffed Bell Peppers in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook stuffed pepper in an air fryer too. Preheat the air fryer at 350 degrees and place stuffed peppers in an air fryer basket. Air-fry for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. If needed, air-fry for additional 5 minutes.
Can we freeze the peppers?
Yes, we can freeze stuffed pepper for a couple of months. Once the peppers cool down and are at room temperature, then store them in a freezer-safe container. You can also store in Ziplocs or wrap in a cling wrap and store in the freezer.
Are Stuffed Bell Peppers Healthy?
Most recipes call to layer stuffed pepper with a generous layer of cheese. But to make the recipe healthier, I have not added cheese to the recipe. Adding quinoa as a stuffing also makes the recipe protein-rich. So this Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe is definitely a healthier option.
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 1 Jalapeno sliced
- 1 Lemon Juice
HOW TO COOK QUINOA:
- Add 2 cups quinoa in an Instant Pot along with 2 ⅓ cups water. Pressure cook for 1 minute with the vent in the sealing position. Let the pressure release naturally. Once quinoa is cooked then keep it aside.
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS:
- Slice the top of the pepper including the stem. Remove the seeds & ribs of the pepper.
- Spray some oil in the peppers & sprinkle some salt.
- In a bowl, add cooked quinoa, beans, corns, salsa/ tomatoes, chopped bell peppers, and seasoning. Mix the ingredients until properly combined. Using a spoon, add the stuffing to the peppers.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED BELL PEPPERS IN OVEN:
- Spray some cooking oil on the baking sheet. Arrange the peppers on the baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED BELL PEPPERS IN AN INSTANT POT:
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot. Insert the trivet & place stuffed peppers on the trivet. Close the lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally (NPR) for 5 minutes and then Quick Release.
- Garnish with some sliced avocado, jalapeno on the top of the stuffed peppers. And sprinkle some lemon juice and serve!