Try these Veg Spring Roll at home in snacks or with your favorite Asian food. They definitely taste better than any Chinese restaurant. Not to mention that you can customize them as per your liking. They have a crispy outer texture with a spicy vegetable filling.
I used always order these spring rolls whenever I go to a buffet in a Chinese restaurant. One time we accidentally order spring roll wrappers instead of rice wrappers for Vietnamese Summer Rolls. So instead of returning them, we thought of making Spring Rolls. I used vegetable filling as a stuffing in the spring rolls. They were easy to make and they were crispy in every bite.
You can make these delicious Spring Rolls in the air fryer or you can also deep-fry them for a crispier look. For a healthier option, I prefer to air fry these Veg Spring Rolls. You can add any stuffing to these spring rolls like a vegetable filling with tofu & edamame, or even leftover noodles work great in the stuffing.
VEG SPRING ROLL INGREDIENTS
- SPRING ROLL: This is the main ingredient for the recipe. You will need spring rolls and not egg rolls for the recipe.
- VEGGIES: You can any stuffing in the recipe. I like adding veggie stuffing with cabbage, carrots, and edamame or you can also add stuffing of tofu with mushrooms.
- SAUCES: Along with veggies, you will also need some sauce just to enhance the flavor. I usually add soy sauce, vinegar, and some chili sauce to the recipe.
- ADD-INS: You can add any other ingredient to the stuffing like green onion, sesame seeds, mushrooms, etc in the recipe.
HOW TO MAKE SPRING ROLL
- SAUTE VEGGIES: Add oil and veggies (cabbage, carrots, green onions, edamame, etc.) to the pot. Saute the veggies until the veggies have no more moisture in them.
- ADD SAUCE: Then add sauce to enhance the flavor. You can add soy sauce, vinegar, red chili sauce, or any other sauce if you like. Once the spring roll stuffing is ready, let it cool down for 15-20 minutes.
- SHAPE THE SPRING ROLL: Take one spring roll and add stuffing in the middle. Fold the sides of the spring roll over the stuffing. Then starting from the bottom of the roll, roll it like a burrito.
- FRY THE SPRING ROLLS: You can either air fry or deep-fry the spring rolls. Preheat the air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Place 4-5 spring roll in the air fryer basket. Then air fry for 5 minutes and then flip the spring roll. Then air fry for another 5 minutes until crispy and brown in color.
- SERVE: Serve with sweet & spicy dipping sauce.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are Wonton Wrapper or Spring Roll Wrapper the same?
The dough of Wonton Wrapper (egg roll wrapper) and Spring Roll Wrapper are pretty much the same. Wonton wrapper is made with egg noodle dough whole spring roll wrapper dough does not contain any eggs. Spring roll wrapper is much thinner as compared to wonton wrappers.
How to store Spring Rolls?
If you have some leftover spring rolls, you can store them in the freezer for 1-2 months. When reusing just air-fry or bake the spring rolls until crispy.
How to bake Spring Rolls?
You can easily make Spring Rolls in the oven too. You can pre-heat the oven at 425 degrees for at least 15- 20 minutes. Brush some oil in the baking sheet and place spring rolls in the baking sheet. Brush some oil on the spring rolls and bake for 15-20 minutes at 425 degrees. Turn the spring rolls after 8-10 minutes for even baking.
Veg Spring Roll
- Press Saute in Instant Pot and add oil. When oil is hot then add ginger & garlic, and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Next add cabbage, edamame, green onion, bell pepper, and carrot. Saute for 3-5 minutes. Then add soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chili oil and cook for another minute. Transfer in a bowl and let it cool down for 15-20 minutes.
- Take the spring roll wrapper and add the veggie mixture in the middle. Fold the sides and take the bottom of the roll and start rolling like a burrito. Brush some water on the edges so that the spring roll is sealed.
- Preheat air fryer at 400°F for 3-5 minutes. Place 4-5 spring roll in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 5 minutes at 400°F. Flip the spring rolls using a spoon and air fry for 5 more minutes until brown from all the sides. (Note Don't overcrowd the air fryer for even cooking. You can also spray some cooking oil over the spring roll).
- Serve with sweet & spicy dipping sauce.