Thai Curry Noodles is a flavorful recipe made in Instant Pot by adding lots of vegetables in red curry paste with noodles. This is easy to make recipe that can be prepared in no time.
Who doesn't like Thai flavors? I'm a big fan of Thai food. But being a Vegetarian, I can't eat every Thai dish. I especially like the Thai Curry. Here's my version of Vegan Thai Curry Noodles, with some delicious twist.
Note: This is not as per the authentic Thai dish. This is a dish modified as per my taste. Or rather, the Indian taste. It is very easy to make in Instant Pot as well as in stove-top. I add lots of vegetables to make it healthier.
As weather started to change so I thought to make Vegan Thai Curry Noodles. It is super easy so you can easily make it during weekdays for some fun dinner time, or make it on weekends to relax yourself but still able to enjoy something too delicious.
It is very important to make the Thai curry in the
There are so many options available in the stores. I usually prefer adding Red Curry Paste of Thai Kitchen. It is just perfect for my taste buds. Have you ever tried Trader Joe's Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce, it is too perfect. It already has coconut milk and curry paste added so you don't need to worry about adding anything else.
THAI CURRY NOODLES INGREDIENTS
- RED/YELLOW CURRY PASTE: As I mentioned earlier, this is the main ingredient. I like adding red curry paste. You can also add the yellow curry paste if you prefer that. I like red curry flavor better. So here you go!
- NOODLES/LINGUINE: I usually prefer Udon/Rice Noodles, but I have made this recipe using Linguine. And let me tell you, it tastes great. if cooked nicely, nothing can beat linguine.
- VEGETABLES: I like adding lots of vegetables like broccoli, red bell peppers, onions, baby corns, carrots, chestnuts, french beans and snap peas. Adding more vegetables gives a nice crunch to the recipe.
- BROTH: It is better when made in broth. It adds extra nutrition and tastes great too. I have used Miso Soup in the recipe, and it tastes amazing.
- COCONUT MILK: Only with broth, the soup would be too watery. To make the soup thick and creamy, adding Coconut milk is the best choice.
- TOFU: I like grilled Tofu in the recipe. So you can either fry or grill it or can even add as it is. Being rich in protein, Tofu gives a nice texture to the recipe.
STEP 1 - MAKE CURRY: First step is to make the curry first by adding red curry paste with broth and saute for few minutes until well combined and is aromatic.
STEP 2 - ADD INGREDIENTS: Once curry is done then add rest of ingredients including noodles and vegetables. Depending on the vegetables, timing may differ so keep that in mind.
STEP 3 - PRESSURE COOK: Then pressure cook for 4-5 minutes depending on the noodles you're using. For linguine or spaghetti it's bets to cook for 4 minutes. If using any noodles then don't cook over 1 minute.
STEP 4 - ADJUST THE SEASONING: Once pressure is release then open the lid and mix coconut milk to make the curry extra creamy and stir & serve.
STEP 5 - SERVE: Lastly transfer the noodle sin the bowl with some curry and garnish with some chopped peanuts and serve.
- CHILI GARLIC NOODLES
- SINGAPORE NOODLES
- STEAMED BAO BUNS
- KIMCHI FRIED RICE
- PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- VIETNAMESE SPRING ROLLS
- STREET-STYLE SESAME NOODLES
Red Thai Curry Noodles
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN THAI CURRY NOODLES IN INSTANT POT:
- Press saute in an Instant pot and add oil to the pot. When oil is hot, add onions to it and let it saute for 2-3 minutes, add Red Bell Peppers.
- Add Red Thai Curry Paste and saute for another 1 minutes. Now add broth (as needed) to the pot and layer linguine/noodles over it. Add all the vegetables (carrots, snap peas, chestnuts, baby corns, french beans, etc).(Note: Do not add Broccoli with other vegetables).
- Add salt & close lid. At vent in the sealing position, pressure cook for 3 minutes.(Note: You can adjust time based on noodles you use. For Linguine, cook time mentioned is 8 minutes. Divide cook time in half (8/2 = 4) and then deduct 1 (4-1=3). Hence 3 minutes is the time you need too cook linguine in Instant Pot).
- When the timer beeps, Quick Release by turning the vent to venting direction.
- When valve goes down, open lid and mix everything. Now add Coconut Milk and Saute for 1-2 minutes. Cancel Saute and add Broccoli florets to the pot and close lid. Let it sit for 3 more minutes and serve.
- Sprinkle some chopped peanuts over the noodles before serving.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN THAI CURRY NOODLES ON STOVE-TOP:
- In a sauce pan add 2-3 qt of water and boil it. Once water is boiled add noodles and cook for another 3-5 minutes or time suggested. Once noodles are cooked strain the water and sprinkle some oil in the noodles. (Note: you can leave in cold icy water to stop the cooking process).
- In another sauce pan add oil. When oil is hot, add onions to it and let it saute for 2-3 minutes, add Red Bell Peppers.
- Add Red Thai Curry Paste and saute for another 1 minutes. Now add broth (as needed) to the pot and layer linguine/noodles over it. Add all the vegetables (carrots, snap peas, chestnuts, baby corns, french beans, etc). Let it cook for 10-15 minutes until all the vegetables are cooked properly and broth is ready.(Note: Do not add Broccoli with other vegetables).
- Lastly add Broccoli and coconut milk. Saute for another 2-3 minutes until broccoli is cooked.
- Take a bowl pour in the curry and vegetables. Top with some cooked noodles and garnish with some chopped peanuts and serve.