Paneer Stuffed Vegetable Lasagna is made by the layering of tender vegetables, marinara sauce, with lots of cheese, and lasagna noodles in an Instant Pot. Making this recipe is super easy in Instant Pot and saves a lot of time.
This recipe calls for simple ingredients that are available at home. Whatever vegetables you have available at home, you can use them in Lasagna. I have used zucchini, red bell peppers, spinach and carrots in the recipe.
Being a vegetarian, I prefer transforming popular recipes into their vegan/vegetarian options. And this is one of the easiest ones and tastes just amazing. The tenderness of vegetables and lots of cheese makes Lasagna taste great. And goes perfectly with Waldorf Salad & my friend Alena makes it so great.
VEGETABLE LASAGNA INGREDIENTS
- LASAGNA NOODLES: For making Vegetable Lasagna in Instant Pot or Air Fryer, you need No Boiling - Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles. They don't need boiling but do require little liquid like the marinara sauce to reconstitute them for baking.
- SAUCE: There are only a few ingredients that you need in Lasagna. One of the most important of these is the marinara sauce. You can use any marinara sauce, the basic marinara sauce or tomato basil, or so on.
- VEGGIES: You can add any veggies of your liking. I prefer adding zucchini & bell peppers in the recipe.
- CHEESE: You will need paneer/ ricotta cheese as a stuffing with spinach. Also you will need some mozarella cheese on the top & also between the layers.
- SPICES: I have also added some spices with paneer/ ricotta cheese & spinach mixture. I have added Italian Seasoning, Red Chili Flakes, garlic Powder, etc.
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE LASAGNA
For making vegetable stuffing you can cut veggies in same size. I have cut zucchini & bell pepper in bite-size. That cook for 2-3 minutes until tender. You can also add any protein in the stuffing like tofu or lentils.
BASIL, SPINACH & PANEER
Lasagna is made of layering of marinara sauce, lasagna noodles, and lots of cheese. One of the layering is of Paneer. I prefer adding chopped fresh basil leaves and spinach leaves with Paneer along with seasoning (garlic powder, parmesan cheese, red chili flakes, and Italian seasoning).
When you mix Paneer with fresh basil & spinach leaves, it gives a nice texture to the overall flavor of Vegetable Lasagna. You can also add vegan Ricotta Cheese to the Vegetable Lasagna.
LAYERING VEGETABLE LASAGNA
For layering in Instant Pot, you need Springform Pan. I have used a 7-inch springform pan to make Vegetable Lasagna in an Instant Pot.
First, add marinara sauce at the bottom of the springform pan. Top it with 6-8 lasagna noodles all over the marinara sauce.
Then I layer it with Basil-Spinach-Paneer over the noodles and top with lots of mozzarella cheese.
Repeat the process 1-2 times, and then cover with aluminium foil before putting the springform pan in an instant pot.
HOW TO STORE VEGETABLE LASAGNA
If you have leftover, you can store it in the refrigerator for 2-4 days. Or you can also freeze it for 2 weeks or so. When re-using either bake in the oven or air-fry and enjoy.
WHAT CAN I ADD INSTEAD OF RICOTTA CHEESE?
There are not many option but I find adding Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) do tastes the same. Paneer has around the same texture as Ricotta so helps in maintaining the flavor.
- 8 Lasagna Noodles no boiling - oven ready
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 2-3 cups Marinara Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Zucchini cut in bite-size
- 1 Red Bell Pepper cut in bite-size
Ricotta Cheese/ Paneer Mixture:
- 1 cup Paneer crumbled or Ricotta Cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese Vegetarian/ Vegan Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil Leaves finely chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach Leaves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Press Saute in an Instant Pot and add vegetables, if needed, add some oil. Keep stirring for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables turn a little tender. Transfer the vegetables in a bowl and clean the Instant Pot.
Paneer/ Ricotta Cheese Mixture:
- In a clean bowl, add all the ingredients (Paneer/ Ricotta Cheese, basil Leaves, Spinach Leaves, Parmesan Cheese) and season with Salt & Pepper, Italian Seasoning, Red Chili Flakes, and Garlic Powder. Mix them until everything is combined well.
- In a 7-inch springform pan, put the first layer with ⅓ of Marinara Sauce. Then break the lasagna noodles into smaller pieces and layer them over the sauce. Then layer with Paneer/ Ricotta Cheese Mixture over the noodles, and then add vegetables and lastly toss with shredded Mozzarella Cheese. Repeat the layering 2 more times. On the top, add a generous amount of Mozzarella Cheese. Lastly, wrap the springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Add 1 cup of water in the inner pot and place the trivet in the Instant Pot. You can also create sling using aluminum foil, then insert springform pan over it. Close lid and pressure cook for 22 minutes at High-Pressure Level. Once the timer beeps, NPR (No Pressure Release) for 10 minutes, and then Quick Release (that is, set vent to venting position)
- Open the lid and place Mealthy Crisplid over the inner pot. Cook at 400°F for 3-5 minutes until you see the cheese is browned from the top.Or transfer the pan in the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is browned.
- Take the Springform Pan out from the Instant pot and open it. Place lasagna in the cutting board and slice it using a knife and serve with salad.
Linda M. Jardee
Can you make this recipe solely in a springform pan if you don't have an instant pot?
Yes, you can still make the lasagna in springform pan without Instant Pot
I tried this recipe and it turned out really good. Thanks for the recipe.