These Peanut Butter Cookies are eggless, Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Keto with no refined sugar. They are delicious & healthy and pair perfectly with milk, latte, or tea/chai.
If you like these cookies, then also do try Nankhatai that is Indian eggless flatbread cookies made with chickpea flour.
Even with almond flour, these cookies turn out soft, chewy, and irresistible. I always try to find healthier recipes to add to my diet and this recipe tops the list. Not to mention that these cookies are so delicious and you won't believe that these are healthy too.
You can easily make these cookies with just a handful of ingredients. Make a big batch of them because believe me these cookies will be gone in minutes. And also who doesn't like Peanut Butter? You can eat peanut butter with apples, on crackers, and not to forget a peanut jelly sandwich. But when you add peanut butter in cookies then that is pure bliss in every single bite.
WHAT IS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES?
Peanut Butter Cookies are made with the dough of peanut butter, sweetener, and flour. You can add flour of your choice like all-purpose flour, almond flour, oats flour, etc. These cookies are soft yet chewy with a crispy crust and taste just too wonderful.
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE INGREDIENTS
- FLOUR: You can use any flour for the recipe like almond flour, oats flour, pecan flour, all-purpose flour, etc. I have used Almond Flour in the recipe to make the cookie healthier and gluten-free.
- PEANUT BUTTER: You can use smooth as well as crunchy peanut butter for the recipe. But better flavor comes from the smooth peanut butter.
- SWEETENER: You can use sugar or sweetener or maple syrup or honey in this recipe. I have used Monk Fruit Sweetener. It tastes the same as granulated sugar and has 0 calories.
- BAKING SODA: Baking Soda is added to give cookies a better crust and also helps in raising the cookies.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- PREHEAT THE OVEN: Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- MIX DRY INGREDIENTS: Mix baking soda, flour, sweetener, and salt in the bowl and lightly mix all the ingredients. If using salted Peanut Butter then there is no need to add any additional salt.
- ADD WET INGREDIENTS: Mix milk and peanut butter with dry ingredients until all the ingredients are properly combined.
- COOKIE DOUGH BALLS: Using a cookie scoop or spoon, place cookie dough balls on the baking sheet. Press the balls a little using a fork or a spoon.
- BAKE THE COOKIES: Bake the cookies at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. The cookies will be a little soft but once they cool down, the cookies will turn crispy. Or you can also air fry them at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What to add in Peanut Butter Cookies?
You can experiment with different flavors with the dough of peanut butter cookies. You can add Ginger Powder, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, etc. to the dough to give a little different flavor to the recipe.
Are these cookies Healthy?
Not all Peanut Butter Cookies are healthy as they have oil and sugar in them. But I tried to make a healthier version of peanut butter cookies. These cookies have no oil or butter and instead of sugar, I have added Monk Fruit. Monk Fruit Sweetener is made from the extract of monk fruit and it is natural. It tastes just like granulated sugar with 0 calories. Hence, these ingredients made the recipe healthy.
How to store these Cookies?
Once the Peanut Butter Cookies cool down completely, you can store them in Ziplocs or an air-tight container. Storing in Ziplocs keeps the cookies crispier for a longer time. When you store in an air-tight container, cookies may turn a little soft.
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven at 325°F for 15-20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl or in a stand mixer attached bowl, add all the dry ingredients (sugar, flour, salt, and baking soda).(Note: If you are using salted Peanut Butter then there is no need to add salt).
- Mix milk and peanut butter with dry ingredients until all the ingredients are properly combined.
- Make small balls from the dough of around 1-inch diameter. You can also use a dough scoop or spoon to shape the balls. Press the balls a little using a fork or a spoon and make a pattern. (Check images above for reference).
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES IN AN OVEN:
- Bake the cookies at 325°F for 10 minutes. The cookies will be soft to touch when you take them out from the oven. Let them cool down completely on the baking sheet. Once cookies cool down, they will be crispy from outside. Serve Peanut Butter Cookies with milk or tea.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES IN AN AIR FRYER:
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 325°F. Arrange the dough balls in an air fryer basket. Press the cookies a little and make a pattern using a fork. Air Fry the cookies for 5-7 minutes at 325°F. When the timer beeps, let the cookies cool down in the air fryer basket. Once the cookies cool down, transfer them to a plate and serve with milk or tea.