Beat the heat with super easy Mango Ginger Iced Tea, which also tastes amazingly good. Colorful salads and refreshing drinks are always great to have during summertime. And when it comes to enjoying a cool and rejuvenating drink in summer, Iced Tea is always on top of my list.
Earlier, I made Iced Tea on stove-top. But when I tried to make iced tea in Instant Pot, I loved the ease of the process. Making Iced Tea in Instant Pot is super easy and tastes incredibly perfect as per my liking.
You can make simple brewed Iced Tea or a flavored one, both taste amazing. As I love mangoes, so I thought of using this delicious fruit in the iced tea. Mango is called the king of fruits in India. Its taste and fragrance is amazing. And all Indians love eating juicy mangoes in summer. (Also check out Mango Lassi recipe. It's another popular mango drink that you can enjoy in summer.)
TIPS TO REMEMBER: INSTANT POT MANGO GINGER ICED TEA
- Don't Over-Brew: As the tea is pressure-cooked, you'll get a little bolder flavor. So don't over-brew it as it may turn bitter.
- For Bolder Flavor: If you want stronger flavor then add a pinch of baking soda in water before brewing. This will prevent the tea from getting bitter.
- Flavoring: You can add any flavoring of your choice. I have added mango & ginger one by pureeing them in the food processor.
- Sweetness: For sweetness, you can add Honey, Maple Syrup, Sugar, Sweetener, etc as per your taste. Fruits are also sweet. So when you make fruity Iced tea, you must adjust the flavor accordingly.
- Add the fruit puree once the Iced Tea is cold or at room temperature. If you add the pureed fruits to the tea when it's hot, then the flavor will be spoiled.
- Serve them with ice cubes. You can also add a little cream to the tea.
HOW TO MAKE MANGO GINGER ICED TEA IN AN INSTANT POT
- Brew Iced Tea: Add tea bags with water in the Instant Pot. And pressure cook for 4 minutes or more. You can use black tea or green tea for making iced tea.
- Cool it completely: Once pressure is released, you can leave it 5-10 minutes for a bolder flavor. And then let it cool down completely before adding any flavoring.
- Make Flavoring: If you want to make a fruit-flavored iced tea, just puree the fruits in a food processor. When iced Tea cools down then add the puree to it.
- Serve & Adjust: Adjust the flavoring and serve with some ice cubes. If you like, you can add a little bit of cream for a richer flavor.
How to make Mango Ginger Iced Tea
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Tea Bags (Black/ Green)
- 1 Tbsp Sugar or Sweetener
- ½ Mango
- 2 tbsp Ginger
- Ice Cubes
- Add tea bags, water, and sugar in Instant pot. Cover the pot and with vent in the sealing position. Pressure cook for 4 minutes.
- Blend Mango and Ginger into a puree. Strain and put the juice aside.(You can use any other fruit of your choice as well. Peach & Pineapple also taste great in the iced tea.)
- When the timer beeps, NPR (natural pressure release) for 10 minutes and then Quick Release.
- When the valve goes down and pressure is released, take out the tea bags using tong.
- Let the tea cool completely. Once it cools down, add fruit puree to it and mix.
- Pour the Ginger Mango Iced Tea in a glass, add ice cubes, and serve. You can garnish with some chopped fruits nad some mint leaves.