Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos are one of our favorite meals for Taco Tuesdays. They are made by first air frying buffalo cauliflower florets and serving them on tacos with some Cilantro-Avocado sauce and lemon juice.
These are super healthy with no oil in them. They can also be served with Whole Wheat tortillas. These tacos are so yummy that you don't need to add any extra layer of flavoring.
You can use baked cauliflower in this dish. But to speed up the process, I have used an air fryer to cook cauliflower. It tastes great with the spicy Cilantro-Jalapeno Sauce that I've used in this recipe. These tacos go really well with a layer of coleslaw. Toss them with some freshly prepared sauce.
Not only buffalo cauliflower bites, but you can also add any other flavored cauliflower bites to your roll. If you are a fan of cauliflower bites like then do try these Air Fryer Lebanese Cauliflower Tahini Bites using homemade Tahini Sauce.
You can always choose the spice level of tacos. I have used extra spicy buffalo sauce but you can use mild ones too. I always add buffalo sauce along with some cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Buffalo Sauce is tangy in flavor, hence goes great with cauliflower florets.
I usually cut big cauliflower florets and mix with buffalo sauce and spices, and air fry or bake them. Then I cook buffalo sauce till it boils, and dip air-fried buffalo cauliflower florets in the sauce and serve. This gives a nice & a strong buffalo sauce flavor to the cauliflower.
COLESLAW & CILANTRO-AVOCADO SAUCE
These tacos go really well with Coleslaw but you can also use any lettuce too. You can make your own coleslaw by cutting fresh ingredients of your choice. I have used a store-bought coleslaw. Adding coleslaw in tacos balances the flavor when added with buffalo cauliflower.
I usually mix coleslaw with some Cilantro-Avocado Sauce and add in the tacos. You can also add coleslaw as it is or can also add with some other sauce or crema.
CILANTRO-AVOCADO SAUCE: This sauce can easily be made in a food processor with a handful of cilantro, jalapeno, avocado, and Greek Yogurt/sour cream. This is a little spicy in flavor and also gives a refreshing taste to the tacos. If you don't like cilantro, you can remove it. You can add vegan yogurt to the sauce too.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TACOS
STEP 1 - CUT CAULIFLOWER FLORETS: Cut the cauliflower into medium-sized florets of equal size. You should cut cauliflower florets in equal size that helps in giving even flavor.
STEP 2 - MAKE BATTER: Make batter by mixing flour with spices with some water. the batter should not be too thick or too thin but of medium consistency.
STEP 3 - COAT CAULIFLOWER: Coat cauliflower in batter and place in air fryer basket in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the cauliflower florets otherwise, they will not turn proper air-fried.
STEP 4 - MIX THE SAUCE: Once cauliflower is air fired then mix them with buffalo sauce in a bowl. Then air-fry again with some ranch or in tacos. for 2-3 minutes and serve
- ALOO GOBHI
- CAULIFLOWER TIKKA MASALA
- BHARWAN BAINGAN
- PANEER TIKKA
- BAKED POTATO
- SWEET POTATO & CHICKPEAS HASH
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TACOS
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites:
- 1 handful Cilantro
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Jalapeno
- ⅓ cup Greek Yogurt/ Sour Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Add all the ingredients to the food processor, and grind them smoothly. Transfer in a bowl and set it aside.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites:
- In a bowl, combine Flour, Cornstarch, Cayenne Powder, water, Garlic Powder, and 1 tablespoon of Buffalo Sauce and whisk until smooth and of medium consistency. (Note: Mix water slowly and as needed until the batter is of medium consistency).
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil. Coat cauliflower florets with the batter and layer them in the air fryer basket. (Note: Make sure now to overcrowd & place cauliflower florets in a single layer. Work in batches, add a single layer of cauliflower at one time, once cycle completes add another batch of florets in the air fryer).
- Air fry at 350°F for 15 minutes or until they turn golden in color and crispy. Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl and repeat the process for the rest of the cualifower florets.
- Once cauliflower florets are cooked, transfer in a bowl. Add the rest of the remaining buffalo sauce and combine until all the cauliflower florets are coated properly.
- Transfer the coated cauliflower florets to the air-fryer basket again and air fry for 2-3 minutes at 350°F. Transfer in a bowl and serve with ranch or in Tacos.
- Heat tortillas, and add coleslaw/ lettuce first. and then add buffalo cauliflower bites to it. Drizzle some prepared CIlantro-Avocado Sauce over the cauliflower bite and serve!