If you are looking for something different and do try these deliciously moist Eggless Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, which is also easy to make. This is made by adding shredded zucchini, walnuts, cinnamon, and chocolate chips. These are so great for breakfast or snacks, or if you are having craving for something sweet.
This is a perfect recipe to try if you have some extra zucchini. It is also a great way to include Zucchini in your diet as well as your kid's diet. My kid doesn't like to eat veggies, so I always hide them in something sweet. These are not too sweet but if you like them sweeter just add more sugar as per your taste.
This is one recipe that you can experiment with any way you like. You can make it Gluten-Free, Vegan, Nut-Free, Oil-Free, Whole-Grain, etc. This bread can be easily made with the ingredients available in the pantry. Being Eggless, these Zucchini Muffin doesn’t require any extraordinary ingredients.
EGGLESS CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS INGREDIENTS
- ZUCCHINI: For making the best Zucchini Bread, 2-3 medium-sized zucchini. I have used 2 shredded zucchinis while making the muffins.
- FLOUR: I add All-Purpose Flour & Almond Flour when making Zucchini Muffins. Or you can also add whole wheat flour for making Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins. Or if looking for a Gluten-Free option, you can also add Gluten-Free Flour Mix.
- MILK: You can add any milk, it can be Vegan or any regular Milk. You can add Almond Milk, or Soy Milk, etc.
- SUGAR: You can add regular Sugar, or Brown Sugar, or Maple Syrup, etc. I like adding brown sugar to my Zucchini Muffins as it also helps in giving a nice color to them.
- BAKING SODA & BAKING POWDER: If you don’t want to add Yogurt instead of eggs, you can also add Baking Soda & Baking Powder, they’ll do the trick.
- OIL/BUTTER: You can make Zucchini Muffins oil-free too. But I like it better with some oil/butter. Instead of butter, you can add oil to the recipe. Many people also add applesauce too, but it makes Zucchini Muffins a little dry in texture.
- FLAVORING: I like adding Cinnamon to the Zucchini Muffins, you can also add Nutmeg. Any other flavoring like cardamoms or fennel powder also goes great.
- ADD-INS: If you like, you can add Nuts like Walnuts, Pecan, Raisins, etc. or can also add Chocolate Chips in the bread. Or if you prefer, you can add both Nuts & Chocolate Chips, I like adding both to the Zucchini Muffins.
If you want to make it Vegan then CLICK HERE.
TIPS TO REMEMBER FOR MAKING BEST ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
- You can use 2-3 zucchinis for making these amazing Zucchini Muffins. First, shred them using a food processor or a grater. It should be finely shredded and free of any chunky pieces. If you add the big pieces it will not give a nice flavor. Remove the big pieces and only add the shredded zucchinis.
- You can make this recipe Oil/ Fat-Free. If you want to make it Vegan, either add Oil or any Vegan Butter. Simply adding oil also makes these muffins super moist. If you want to eliminate fat altogether, then try to add Applesauce in the recipe.
- All cupcakes & bread needs some flavoring. For extra flavoring, I have included Cinnamon Powder, chopped Walnuts, Chocolate Chips as Add-Ins. Just add them in the batter and stir them gently in the batter and bake. You can also a few extra Chocolate Chips on the top of the batter.
- Don't over-mix the batter. This is the best practice not to over-mix the batter when baking anything. Often when you over-mix you'll find that the batter doesn't rise properly after baking. So mix until properly combined.
HOW TO STORE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS?
You can store Eggless Chocolate Zucchini Muffins for 2-3 days in an air-tight container at room temperature. But believe me, it will be finished before that. If not you can store in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you want to store in the freezer for a longer time, you can for up to 2 months.
For re-using just thaw eggless zucchini muffins in the refrigerator and enjoy them during snack-time or in breakfast.
- ROSEMARY & JALAPENO FOCACCIA BREAD
- VEGAN BANANA BREAD
- PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- PUMPKIN DINNER ROLLS
- VEGAN CREPES
Eggless Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Preheat oven at 350°F and line up muffin/cupcake pan with liner.
- Meanwhile, take a large bowl and whisk together all the wet ingredients (shredded zucchini, oil, brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and lemon juice).
- Sift all the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking soda) in a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients (in 3 parts) and whisk until the batter is smooth and free of any lumps.
- Add most of the walnuts & chocolate chip in the batter and stir until combined properly.
- Add the batter in the pan in the liner until ¾th filled, smooth the top and sprinkle remaining walnuts & chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in a preheated oven at 350°F.
- (Note: It should be golden brown in color & muffins should have risen, And when a toothpick is inserted, it should come out clean).
- Once baked, allow it to cool down on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Enjoy these freshly baked Zucchini Muffins.