Dinner Rolls/ Ladi Pav are so delicious and star of every meal. They are soft, fluffy, buttery, and eggless. They are perfect Pav that goes great with Bhaji. These Dinner Rolls does not require any kneading and get puffed easily in an Instant Pot.
They are so soft and fluffy that you can have them as it is, or can also be used in a sandwich and alongside some soup. You can make the dough using whole wheat flour or any other flour. It always comes out soft & fluffy.
Whenever I make these Pav/Dinner Rolls, I also like eating them in breakfast with some butter. They are soft and a little sweet so taste great. I usually eat it in Pav Bhaji or Vada Pav, Masala Pav, Misal Pav, etc.
HOW TO MAKE DINNER ROLL/ LADI PAV IN AN INSTANT POT
Raising or puffing of dough in an Instant Pot is much easier and faster than to leave the dough in a warm place. Making dinner roll dough is even easier as you don't need to knead the dough. Add all the ingredients in the inner pot of Instant Pot, and let Instant Pot do its magic.
Earlier, I didn't make bread much often as rising the dough took time. Now I make bread/roll quite frequently thanks to Instant Pot.
INGREDIENTS YOU REQUIRE
- FLOUR: You can add any flour for making dinner rolls. I have used wheat flour, but can also use all-purpose flour. Or you can also add half-wheat flour and half of all-purpose flour.
- YEAST: Adding 2 teaspoon of Yeast gives a strong flavor to the dinner rolls. If you don't like that taste then you can add 1 teaspoon or 1 packet of Yeast. Adding 1 teaspoon of Yeast will also result in soft dinner rolls.
- MILK: Adding milk will help in getting fluffy & softer dinner rolls. You can also add half & half or cream to the dough, this will give more softer rolls. Or you can also add water to the dough, this will affect the texture of dough but still works. You can also add plant-based milk too for vegan option.
- BUTTER: You can add Vegan butter if you want to make these rolls vegan.
- SWEETNESS: Maple Syrup/Honey/Sugar can be added for a little sweetness in the roll. Also, when sugar is added, yeast works faster.
- VITAL WHEAT GLUTEN: Vital Wheat Gluten is used when you are making roll using Whole Wheat Flour. It helps in producing fluffy, soft-textured rolls.
HOW TO MAKE DINNER ROLLS
STEP 1- WARM MILK: Add Milk and Butter to the inner pot of Instant Pot. When the butter starts to melt, cancel saute. Let it sit there for a few minutes until the milk is warm but not hot. Yeast won't work if milk temperature is hot, it will only work when Milk is warm.
STEP 2 - ADD YEAST: Add yeast and let it sit for a few 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, yeast and milk mixture will be foamy & bubbly. Then add the rest of the ingredients (Flour, Salt, Sugar, Vital Wheat Gluten, and Salt).
STEP 3 - MIX INGREDIENTS: Mix all the ingredients together, until it starts to form like a dough. You can use a food processor too but you can knead it with your hands too, no need for the dough to knead properly.
STEP 4: Close lid and press the Yogurt button and set the timer for 1 hour until dough rises and doubles in size.
STEP 4 - MAKE THE BALLS: After 1-hour, the dough will be at least doubled in size. Now preheat the oven and form small balls from the dough. Layer in the 13X9 greased pan. Cover them with a kitchen towel for 30 minutes.
STEP 5 - BAKE: After 30 minutes, the balls are also increased in size. Drizzle some milk on the balls and bake for 30 minutes.
HOW TO USE OR STORE DINNER ROLLS
You can eat dinner rolls with Pav Bhaji, or Misal Pav, or as Masala Pav. There are so many ways to enjoy these delicious & healthy dinner rolls. You can add some leftover sides in them and serve them with some chutneys.
You can store them in a Ziploc or wrap in an aluminium foil and store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. or can also store them in the freezer for a longer time. Pre-heat the dinner rolls before using them.
- STUFFED BREAD PAKODA
- EGGLESS ZUCCHINI CUPCAKES
- BANANA BREAD
- FOCACCIA BREAD
- BREAD BOWL
- VEGAN PANCAKES
- NO-YEAST NAAN
EGGLESS DINNER ROLLS OR LADI PAV
- 2 ½ cups Milk
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Instant Yeast or active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup or Sugar or Honey
- 3 ½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1 teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- Press Saute in an Instant Pot and add Milk and Butter to it. When the butter starts to melt, switch off the Instant Pot in around 5 minutes.(Note: The pot will be hot so everything will heat up nicely. Or you can also take the inner pot out of the Instant Pot when milk is warm, in order to avoid milk to be hot.)
- Wait for few minutes for the milk to cool down and is warm. Butter and Milk mixture should not be too hot otherwise, Yeast will not work.
- Once milk cools down and is warm add Honey/ Maple Syrup and mix lightly. Then add Yeast and let it sit for 5 minutes (or as per instructions). Wait for 5 minutes until the mixture gets foamy & bubbly.
- After 5 minutes when the mixture gets foamy add rest of the ingredients (including whole wheat flour, vital wheat gluten, and salt). Combine everything until a sticky dough is formed, you can also add more dough if needed.
- Close lid and press the Yogurt button and set a timer for 1 hour. Once the timer beeps after 1 hour, the dough should have doubled in size.Or can leave the dough for 2-3 hours at a warm place like in a microwave, or in the oven with lights on. Just make sure the oven should not be hot.
- Grease 13x9 rectangular cake pan with oil or butter. Or you can also line up the parchment paper to make cleaning a little less messier.
- Coat your hands with Oil/Butter so that dough will not stick in your hands.
- Now take a small amount of dough around 1 inch in diameter and flatten it in your hands. Now stretch all the sides and wrap them together at the center like you're wrapping a gift. Place the ball seam side down in the pan. Repeat the process for the rest of the dough.
- Pre-heat the oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, cover the pan with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 30 minutes
- Check the buns after 30 minutes, if they are risen and are doubled in size then put oil/butter over the roll and bake for 15 minutes until golden in color.
Leave a Reply